Disputes at work can be stressful and disruptive but our employment law specialists are here to provide expert advice in a sensitive way to achieve the best outcome for you.
We offer practical and professional advice whether you are involved in a dispute with your employer or you are being unfairly treated in the workplace.
Our team offer a wide range of employment services, including:
• ACAS Early Conciliation
• Discrimination claims
• Employment contracts and service agreements
• Employment status
• Equal pay and family friendly rights
• Harassment and bullying
• Post-termination restrictions
• Representation at employment tribunals
• Settlement agreements and protected conversations
• Unfair deductions from pay
• Unfair dismissal (including constructive dismissal) and whistleblowing
The Employment Tribunal is responsible for hearing claims by those who feel that someone such as an employer or potential employer has treated them unlawfully. Examples of unlawful treatment claims that we regularly deal with include:
• Unfair dismissal
• Unfair deductions from pay
• Breach of contract (including wrongful dismissal)
We set out below the services that we provide for an Employment Tribunal claim. The steps needed in any case are individual to the matter and the timescales may vary depending on circumstances. Any steps and timescales set out below are those which apply to a matter that does not have particular complications. If your matter does have such complications, we will always inform you and will discuss the potential consequences both in respect of the chances of success and the potential costs.
There are 3 key stages throughout a claim, which may vary according to individual circumstances. These stages and an outline estimate of the potential timescales are set out below:
• take your initial instructions;
• review all paperwork relevant to the matter;
• advise you on the merits of the claim being brought or defended by you, including your prospects of success and possible compensation;
• prepare the claim or a response to it; and
• review and advise on claim or response from other party.
This stage will ordinarily take between 2 – 4 weeks, depending on the volume of papers and any existing deadlines.
• advise on the ACAS Early Conciliation process and explore settlement options between the parties;
• negotiate any settlement discussions on your behalf throughout the process; and
• advise on the advantages and disadvantages of any settlement offer considered or made.
If a settlement can be reached before a claim is brought in an employment tribunal we would estimate the case to resolve within 4 – 6 weeks of our instructions.
Once a claim is lodged at the Tribunal there is no time limit on when an offer can be offered or accepted and negotiations may therefore continue up to a Final Hearing.
• prepare or consider a schedule of loss detailing your potential financial loss;
• prepare for and attend any interim or preliminary hearings, or we will arrange for you to be represented by a barrister if appropriate;
• exchange documents with the other party and agree a bundle of documents;
• prepare and exchange witness statements;
• prepare a trial bundle for the Final Hearing;
• review and advise on the other party’s position as necessary, including the contents of any witness statement;
• agree a list of issues, a chronology of events, arguments, and a cast list with the other party; and
• prepare and attend a Final Hearing or arrange for you to be represented by a barrister at it, if appropriate.
This stage will depend upon the availability of the tribunal to hear the case. Most (but not all) claims will be concluded at a Final Hearing within 6 – 12 months from the date of commencement.
Considering you had to step in & take up our file at short notice following the collapse of our initial solicitors firm, we are extremely grateful of your professionalism, friendliness & quality.
Victoria was very polite & made me feel at ease as I was nervous to start. She talked me through everything so that I understood what was what.
Christine was very approachable & helpful throughout a difficult transaction
Please complete the form below to get in touch with us. Your message will be answered promptly and discreetly by a member of our team. You can also contact us by email at email@example.com if you prefer.