Premises Licences

Our specialist team will work with you to ensure that your licence is prepared and submitted correctly, in the most efficient timescale possible.

Find Out More Enquire now

Why choose us?

Our licensing lawyer Andrew Holland, a Director and Solicitor Advocate,  has over 25 years’ experience in dealing with licensing applications.

  • We have a working relationship with the local responsible authorities to ensure your matter is dealt with efficiently.
  • Our experienced team can provide the advice and guidance you need to ensure your business or event remains compliant with the law.
  • Practical advice that is clear and easy to understand.

What we do

If you want to serve alcohol for retail sale for consumption on or off your premises or provide regulated entertainment and/or late-night refreshments then you will need what is known as a premises licence. The sale of alcohol, regulated entertainment and late-night refreshments are classed as licensable activities. 

Licensable activities will also include the following: indoor sporting events, film exhibition, boxing or wrestling entertainment, live music, playing of recorded music, and performance of a play or entertainment that is of a similar description to live music and the playing of recorded music and dancing.

Premises licences can be granted for physical buildings or mobile vehicles, such as mobile bars, burger vans or beer tents.

The types of businesses and organisations that need alcohol licences might include pubs and bars, cinemas, theatres, nightclubs, late opening cafes, takeaways or even village and community halls and supermarkets.

Applicants must ensure that they have the correct planning permission in place for their proposed use of the premises for licensable activities.

Your application for a premises licence will usually take 4 to 8 weeks from receipt of full instructions from you. This is on the basis of the application being relatively straightforward and you are able to provide all the necessary documentation and information promptly. If your matters more complex, for example, if there is a substantial opposition from interested parties, or if there is a delay in receiving the documents we need, it may take longer. Following the submission of your premises licence there is a 28 day consultation period.

Once submitted, the local licensing authority usually ask for two months for the application to be processed and determined.

Contact Us

Get in touch with us using the form and one of our team will respond to you promptly. You can also contact us by email or telephone if you prefer.

01743 248545

    Personal Information

    Preferred Office*

    More Information

    Please include any further details that may help us answer your query.

    *Required field. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    What our clients say

    Extremely grateful

    Considering you had to step in & take up our file at short notice following the collapse of our initial solicitors firm, we are extremely grateful of your professionalism, friendliness & quality.

    Thank you

    Victoria was very polite & made me feel at ease as I was nervous to start. She talked me through everything so that I understood what was what.

    Approachable & helpful

    Christine was very approachable & helpful throughout a difficult transaction

    We are proud to hold the following accreditations

    Enquire Now