Why choose us?
Our strong client base of local, national and international businesses ranges from sole traders, partnerships and family run companies to those with multimillion pound turnover.
- We will take the time to understand our clients’ commercial objectives so that we can provide practical, tailored advice.
- All of our clients, irrespective of size, benefit from the same outstanding level of service and care and attention to detail that underpins our team’s reputation, and ensures that we are regularly recommended by other professionals and clients alike.
- Our legal expertise is wide ranging, which means our business law specialists are able to regularly collaborate with our other teams to offer a complete and tailored service, such as advice on selling and purchasing a business, in addition to running and growing one.
What we do
Setting up and running a Business
- Articles of association and shareholder agreements
- Company formation and administration
- Partnership and LLP agreements
- Share options
Buying and Selling a Business
- Company and group reorganisations
- Company share buybacks
- Succession planning for business
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins
- Business restructuring
- Business finance and loan agreements
- Investment agreements and joint ventures
- Supply of goods and services
- Confidentiality agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Agency and distribution agreements
- Terms and conditions of business
- Manufacturing agreements
Licences and assignments of:
- Copyright, patents, design rights, knowhow and trademarks
- R&D collaboration agreements (between commercial organisations and/or with universities)
- Software licences and escrow agreements
- Terms and conditions for website use
- Privacy and cookie policies
- Website design, development and hosting agreements
- Linking agreements
- Terms and conditions for sale of goods online
- Advising overseas companies on the legal aspects of their business interests in the UK
Charities, schools and other non for profit organisations
- School academy conversions
Advising on legislative developments including:
- Data protection
- Information technology